I have always enjoyed reading clickbaity, Buzzfed-esque 10things about me posts! Here is my first attempt (its not gonna be my last, I love the simple, self-centered, trashy high it leaves me with!)
- I’m a morning person. If I sleep until 8 am I panic and feel like I’m wasting the day away.
- I used to be a party girl out every weekend. NowI don’t really drink alcohol.
- Although I am clownishly clumsy, I have never broken a bone.
- My favourite animals are whales. Nothing beats aFriday night watching listening to David Attenborough narrate about these majestic creatures.
- I LOVE the ocean. I spent my childhood summers on the beach so I always feel like I’m home when I’m by the ocean.
- I’m a fiddlehead who loves making messes almost as much as I love yelling at my boyfriend to clean them up!
- I am incredibly clumsy and am always breaking electronics. My phone has a giant crack in it and I recently stepped on my boyfriend’s Ipad, cracking the glass screen (not sure how much longer I’m gonna have a boyfriend…)
- I have been to the Danish Music festival“Roskilde Festival” 7 times in a row.
- I used to be prejudiced towards Americans and anything to do with the Unites States. Now I’m moving there to marry an American –Prejudice never gets you anywhere!
- I like working with kids but whenever I see a green, snotty nose I want to puke and crawl into a cave far away from any children.
If you have any fun facts about yourself please share in the comments! It’s always fun to read!
I really embraced minimalism when I got together with my
boyfriend Jackson last year. He really inspired with the kind of lifestyle he
chooses to live. He owns a few essential clothing pieces (one pair of pants,
two pairs of shoes, one sweater, three shirts) and his music equipment… that’s
I started my minimalism journey by getting rid of most of my clothes. I only kept clothes I loved and felt comfortable wearing. I currently own about 25 pieces of clothing (without underwear and socks). The biggest impact of having a minimal amount of clothing is that I NEVER have the feeling that I have nothing to wear. I know a lot of girls tend to feel that and fill the void by shopping.
Minimalism means a lot less stress. I really used to
struggle budgeting at the end of the month due to impulsive “bargain buys”. Now
when I see a good buy I think about the product in question waisting away in
the corner, having no use and taking up space. I feel like I’m earning money
every time I tell myself no.
My favorite thing about minimalism is getting down to the essentials and only owning stuff that has value to you. When de-cluttering I give my clothes to thrift-stores and friends and family since I myself almost exclusively get my clothes and electronics second-hand. It’s my way of not supporting our catastrophic consumer culture that piles on to climate change.
Minimalism doesn’t really have any hard rules. I only know that it inspires people to travel and search for alternative ways of living. My boyfriend and I are saving up to buy a used small crossover SUV to live the van-life in. We are both after the type of feeling you get when you have a certain kind of freedom in a world of strict constraints. I wanna explore that in the future.